Thursday, April 24, 2008

INKPOT VS VALPOT

I know in our anxiety to get published, it may come across as a competition, but it's not. At least, not against each other - against the world maybe!

Recently I was musing on our success and drew a few similarities.

Both Inkpot and I had the same experience with our first acceptance - publication was a long way away but we would both be paid for our work afterwards (yet to happen for both of us).

Our second acceptance - for both of us - was for unpaid Micro Fiction.

We have also both sold Micro Fiction.

Necrotic Tissue has accepted both of us, and we will both be in the January 2009 edition!

So far this April, we have both had three acceptances (if I count Toffee's photo).

For both of us, the majority of our publications have been paid ones.

Now the differences. Inkpot has sold a short story (I've only sold micro-fiction).

Three of mine have already been published. Inkpot has to wait until May 20th for her first.

I've been paid twice, Inkpot once so far.

All Inkpot's acceptances are fiction. Almost half of mine aren't.

All these things are accurate (as far as I know!) as of this moment, but we both have a lot of other things out there, so who knows what will happen by the end of this month.

I know acceptances will come pouring in for Inkpot in the near future. I only hope I'll be able to keep up with her.

2 comments:

Inkpot said...

There are a lot of similarities all right. You have had four things accepted in April, or are you counting the Alienskin story as March?

Valinora Troy said...

I'm counting it as March for the purposes of the comparison (and it was actually March!)

Sometimes I put it in April, just to exaggerate April's successes!