Sunday, April 6, 2008

CLARIFICATION

Just in case anyone thinks that in my previous post I meant that writing micro-fiction is easy, I don't.

It's difficult to think of an interesting scenario that can capture the imagination in so few words.

The good thing about micro-fiction, however, is that it is less time-consuming (ie easier to polish and perfect a couple of hundred words than several thousand) and that there seems to be a good number of markets for it.

If anyone finds a market that pays for micro-fiction, please let me know!

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

I think in one way it is harder to write micro fiction because the word count is so short and it is hard to get a suitable story but since writing some micro I find flash of less than a 1000 words so long and I used to find it so short! I agree, short short fiction is much easier to edit as it takes such a short time to read