Monday, January 21, 2008

TOFFEE "THE CLAW"

Toffee was outside this morning and when she came up to the window, asking to be let in, I saw she had what looked like a clump of feathers in her mouth. I told her to drop them, which she did (eventually) but somehow she managed to hide something else from me when she came in.

When she dropped it onto her mat, I could see that it was - a claw!! All white and skeletal and yukky! Quite large too, I presume a cat dropped the claw in the garden, but it was horrible to see.

Ruined my breakfast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck!!!

Inkpot said...

It could have been a cat or a fox or just a dead bird rotting at the bottom of the garden. I think you should write a story about it. What if the claw belonged to an extinct species, or an alien? What if it carried some terrible disease, like zombification?

Valpot said...

You know, it looked horrible enough and scary enough to be an alien or extinct creature! Interesting idea... Thanks Inkpoy!