Tuesday, January 15, 2008

HELIUM

Well, to support and vote for Inkpot's fantasy story, I signed onto Helium yesterday to vote.

Of course, you need an account to rate the articles and stories. No problem - I had signed up before but never used it. So I requested a new password (naturally I had forgotten the original one).

Next problem - have to submit articles before rating others.

So I submitted one I had written before on St Albert the Great and was thrown immediately into ranking. Unfortunately I was only getting articles in the religion & spirituality category. It seems I need to write in a specific category to rate others in that category. So now I need to throw together a fantasy short (min 300 words) just to get me in, and hopefully see Inkpot's tale!

In the meantime, of course, I had to join in a couple of other debates. So my St Albert article is now ranked 9 of 12 (sob! didn't do well! But then the other articles all seem to be generally on patron saints, not an individual one).

Should a global climate agreement hold the US to a higher environmental standard than the rest of the world? I am current no 1 in this discussion (okay, 1 of 3!)

And for Should a woman have the right to choose abortion? I am 17 out of 237.

I could get caught up in this and spend all day in Helium!!!

4 comments:

Inkpot said...

Wow! I am impressed! Gifts from the sea has slowly been climbing and is currently 94 out of 433 and I've just posted boats, which is 87 out of 173 (unrated). You'll be making money from this yet Valpot! Whoot!

Valpot said...

How do you actually make money from it? (I know I could look it up but I'm too lazy!)

Inkpot said...

I guess you looked it up and the cents are already rolling in, well done!

Anonymous said...

wow, your articles are really good, although I had to take a while to search for them. Helium is HUGE! Well done, I'm glad you are finally getting some recognition.