Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The little pleasures of life...

Today we switched over to NTL digital TV and broadband, and I have to say it's kind of fun.

I don't watch tv much but it's nice having 60 + channels. I know, we went for the basic package, so most of those channels will not be up to much anyway, but it's still fun flicking through. Plus the advantage of getting information on each station - what's on now, what's coming up next - plus a full tv guide.

The over-enthusiastic sales person (who also put through the order before I had ordered it!) also included the digital recorder. Although it's an extra €5 per month, it's tempting to keep it. To record a programme, you simply go to the tv guide, select your programme and press ok. Couldn't be simpler!

I guess best of all, I now have 3Mb broadband (up from 1 Mb) and should no longer be constantly thrown off the air!

2 comments:

Inkpot said...

mmm... digital tv...messing around with 60+ channels...recording at your fingertips...having a tv guide at a touch of a button so I don't have to have aertel open on my laptop when I'm watching tv - sounds like heaven!

Valpot said...

You'll have to come visit! Recording our first film already!