Thursday, May 29, 2008

CALLING A SPADE A SPADE...

Last night I went to a networking session, in the hopes really of getting a job (didn't quite manage that). However, I was under instruction to call myself a writer, not merely "unemployed".

So I did.

It was hard the first time - I stumbled and stuttered but buoyed up by the thought of my publications to date, managed to get it out. It became easier as the night went on. I also called myself an IT trainer (qualified as one, just have to get the official experience!).

Need to work more on my business cards, include the blog, and perhaps set up a proper website.

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

I'm sorry I couldn't get to the meeting last night but I am so glad you followed instruction! It does get easier and it is actually quite fun saying you're a writer - especially when you can list your publications!