Monday, June 30, 2008

FINAL SWIMMING LESSON

Seeing as I mentioned I was facing my final one, I may as well record how it went.

Great! Well, I wasn't made to practice my breathing, which I hate. Instead we worked on my feet (no matter how hard I try, I can't made them flex or flop!), did lots of sitting dives and practiced pulling myself out, and then spent about 20 minutes in the 2m end, doing much the same thing.

Afterwards the soles of my feet felt on fire!

Yesterday Pinky and I went to the pool and stayed the whole time in the 2m lane. it was great fun. We did 2 standing dives and 5 or 6 sitting ones. We never panicked once about being out of our depth (if we didn't have the boom to hold on to, I'm not sure how brave I'd have been!)

I hope to keep up a weekly swim for the summer.

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

Wow! Wow! and double wow! (wowwow). I am so impressed. You will be greasing up and swimming the channel soon. Can I call you Ester? :)